12 Best Hair Straighteners in India 2020: From Top Rated Brands
Sometimes, you just want to change your hairstyle to feel good and new. The high prices of a professional hairstylist may be putting off. So, it’s not a bad idea to invest in your own styling tools to use at your home. A hair straightener is the tool that stands one among your list due to its multipurpose styling options. The best hair straighteners in India not only removes the need to visit a professional stylist but also saves you money and time.
Listed below are the 12 best hair straighteners in India. Each hair straightener is built in a unique style to closely cater to your needs whilst the added functional features improve their performance and usability. The choice is yours to pick out the one that has features and settings that appeal most to you.
Here’s the List of Best Hair Straighteners in India
1. Philips HP8316/00 Kerashine Hair Straightener with Keratin Ceramic Coating
The Philips HP8316/00 hair straightener series features SilkPro care design which allows the straightener plates to glide smoothly on your hair with reduced friction and just the right amount of heat. This, in turn, provides silky smooth and voluminous hair. Being one of the best hair straighteners in India, the ceramic plates of this straightener are also infused with keratin.
This Keratin infusion provides optimal shine and extremely smooth plate gliding. The extra-wide plate design on the other end easily accommodates even the thickest and longest hairs. The wider surface area of the straightener means that it can work on more hair at a go, thus saving more time without compromising the quality. The HP8316/00 straightener series is also built with adjustable temperature settings of up to 210 degrees Celsius.
Also, this Philips product comes with a swivel cord for preventing tangling of the wire and also comes with a length of 1.8 meters for making it flexible to use. This hair straightener also comes with a warranty of 2 years.
- Ionic Care conditioning
- Silk pro care
- 210 degrees Celsius temperature rating
- Swivel Cord design
- A swivel cord design prevents the cord from tangling up
- The long 1.8 m electric cord provides flexibility
- More hair volume is cover in a shorter time thanks to the wide plate design
- Instant heat up mechanism gets the straightener ready just 60 seconds
- No temperature control options. However, advanced models like Philips Hp8318/00 offer temperature control options.
2. Ikonic Pro Straight Hair Straightener
The Ikonic Pro straight hair straightener is fitted with impressive tourmaline ceramic plates to improve performance. The tourmaline ceramic plate’s design provides gentle and even out heat that prevents the risk of frizzing. To complement the anti-frizz design, sleek and curved design is used for easier control and handling.
The hair straightener is also equipped with an adjustable temperature setting controls that range from 150 to 230 degrees Celsius. To make it easier for you, the temperature of the straightener is vividly displayed on the LED display on the top side. The Ikonic Pro series is also built with a PTC and dual ceramic design that helps to gain heat upon switching it on rapidly. Also, it has a one hour auto shut off function.
- 2.7 meters (9 feet) long electric cord length
- 150 to 230 degrees Celsius temperature setting
- One-hour automatic shut off function
- 360 degrees tangle-free swivel cord
- Beveled edges on the straighteners enhance straightening, styling and volumizing results
- Automatic adjustability of the floating plates makes gliding easier with no gaps
- Tourmaline ceramic plates are treated with a nano titanium technology for improved efficiency
- The hair straightener can straighten and curl hair.
- It may be a little expensive
3. Ikonic S3 Black Hair Straightener
The Ikonic S3 Back hair straightener features a solid matte finish that gives it a classy look whilst also providing added comfort and no-slip grip. The S3 hair straightener series is also designed with an instant ceramic plate heat up technology, thus, rapidly heating the plates in just 60 seconds. The straightener is also designed with extra heating function. Also, the straightener has a 360-degree swivel cord for tangle free functioning.
The straightener boasts a variable temperature setting of between 150 to 330 degrees Celsius. And to protect your hair during the straightening process, overheat protection is included. And when the straightener is not in use, the automatic shut off function comes in to play to save your electric bills and to prevent potential accidents.
- Multiple temperature settings
- Extra heat function
- Slim floating plates
- Automatic shut off function
- The instant heat up function is very efficient
- Thin plates can be used to straighten as well as curl hair
- ¾ inch size of the plates also allows them to work on bangs and shorter hair
- Finished with a classy and black matte finish
- Tittle bit expensive
4. Revlon Straightening and Curling Ceramic Flat Iron
Revlon is one of the well-known brands in the styling field and is also known to produce some of the best hair straighteners in India. This straightener is built with dual 1-inch ceramic plates that provide impressive hair straightening and curling results. The Revlon ceramic flat iron also features a rounded edge and housing design to provide effortless flips and hair waves. The even heat dissipating ceramic plates also provide shine, smoothness, and voluminous finish to your hair.
The ceramic flat iron is also equipped with a generous 10 variable temperature setting options, which help to increase styling versatility. The temperature setting is vividly outlined on the flat iron’s LED display and to make the settings easier to identify, and the controls are color-coded. Additionally, the hair straightener is also built with a lightweight and ergonomic design fitted with an automatic shut off.
- 10 variable heat settings
- Digital LED heat settings
- Automatic shut off feature
- 1-inch thick tourmaline ceramic plates
- The flat iron features a bifunctional design for straightening and curling
- Travel friendly lightweight design
- A variable temperature setting allows for personalization
- Color-coded heat setting controls
- One of the downside is, sometimes hair gets stuck at the tip while pulling out due to the small gap.
5. Havells HS4152 Hair Straightener with Titanium Coated Plates
The Havells HS4152 hair straightener series is finished with an attractive color giving it a chic look. The hair straightener is built with 25 by 120mm titanium coated floating plates that provide smooth glides through your hair thus, eliminating frizz and enhancing shine on the way. The titanium-coated plates also distribute heat evenly to prevent from overheating.
Their floating design also helps to adjust individual hair strands for effective styling and to prevent hair breakage. The hair straightener is also designed with six variable heat settings. The + and – temperature control buttons allow you to increase and decrease temperature. The single press power button instantaneously switches the hair straightener on and off.
- 6 variable heat settings
- + and – heat regulation buttons
- Plates locking system
- 1.8m long power cord
- The thin and curved edge design of the plates provides defined and bouncy curls.
- Easy and safe storage thanks to the plates locking system
- The floating plate design allows for proper straightening
- Easy heat setting buttons allow for easy single-hand operation
- The housing may get hot on higher heat settings
6. Hesley GLANZ Hair Straightener With Ceramic Plates and Keratine Coating
The Hesley GLANZ hair straightener featured a sleek black and gold finish that gives it that professional stylist flat iron look. The hair straightener’s performance matches its look as well. The double voltage construction at 220 -240 V always leaves the flat iron protected even during unstable power supply.
And when not in use, the 60 minutes automatic shut off comes to play to ensure it is off and safe. The hair straightener is also built with keratin coated ceramic plates, which act as a heat protectant to your hair. Ultimately, when used on your hair, the plates deliver exceptional shine, silkiness, and volume. The six fast variable heat settings on the other end allow you to achieve your desired hairstyle.
- 220-240 wide voltage range
- 60 minutes automatic shut off feature
- 6 variable heat settings
- Keratin treated ceramic coated plates
- The straightener’s lockable design makes storage and travel easier
- Side heat setting buttons are easily accessible during operation
- The hair straightener is made of high-quality insulating material
- Wide option for heat setting between 150 to 230 degrees Celsius
- Little bit pricey
7. TORLEN PPROFESSIONAL Flat Hair Straightener with Temperature Controller
Don’t let the relatively significant cost of the TORLEN hair straightener scare off. TORLEN is known for some of the best hair straighteners. After a single use, you will realize that each penny spent on the flat iron is worth it. The hair straightener features a matte and classy look. The soft rubberized housing material gives a splendidly comfortable and no-slip grip.
The hair straightener is also fitted with a 3-meter long professional swivel cord, thus allowing you ample accessibility without risking the rotation or tangling of the cord. The hair straightener is also built with an ion field technology that provides enough negative ions to reduce static and frizzy hair. Consequently, your hair cuticles are effectively straightened, shiny, and glossy.
- Universal 110 – 240 voltage
- Ion field technology
- The 3-meter long swivel cord
- Tourmaline ceramic technology
- 110 -240 universal working voltage
- Colour coded LED display for easy identification
- A long cord design enhances accessibility and freedom of movement
- Rubber housing material is extremely soft to handle and a great insulator
- little bit expensive
8. Syska SuperGlam Hair Straightener Purple
The simple design of the Syska SuperGlam hair straightener is what gives it exceptional performance and functionality. The hair straightener is designed in a slim finish, which allows it to glide easily. The slim profile and rounded edges of the hair straightener also allow you to create defined and bouncy curls on your hair.
In the interior, the hair straightener is the plates are coated with ceramic which offers improved and high temperature resistance. Thus, the instant 60 seconds heat up function of the hair straightener doesn’t affect the integrity or function of the plates. And to further complement their function, the straightener is built with a heat balance technology allowing the plates to deliver even heat to protect your hair.
- Overheat protection automatic shut off
- Heat balance technology
- Up to 230 degrees Celsius heat settings
- Simple lock feature
- Ceramic coated aluminium plates are high temperature resistant
- The hair straightener is extremely lightweight
- Instant heat up feature has the straightener ready for work in 40 – 60 seconds
- Heat balance technology effectively evens out the heat
- No temperature control settings
9. Philips Hair Straightener HP8302
Philips is one of the brands that is known to produce some of the best hair straighteners in India. Reflecting the brand’s advanced engineering, the Phillips HP8302 hair straightener series incorporates high quality features to provide a shiny, silky, healthy, and voluminous hair results. The hair straightener is designed with SilkPro Care technology. The SilkPro Care technology incorporates ceramic coated plates that are extremely silky and smooth, making them it for them to glide through your hair.
The ceramic plates deliver this exceptional performance with optimum temperature, minimal friction, and improved heat dissipation. The temperature settings are rated at 210 degrees Celsius, enough to meet professional stylist’s salon worthy results. And to allow for easy and cost-cutting travel, the portable hair straightener is compatible with 110 to 240 voltage.
- The 1.6-meter long swivel cord
- 60-second fast heat up
- SilkPro Care technology
- SilkPro Care technology improves hairstyling results
- Features an attractive and bright color finish
- A 2-year warranty
- There is no temperature settings control option
10. Havells HS4121 Wide plate temperature control hair straightener
The Havells HS4121 hair straightener series features an ergonomic design that improves its function. The hair straightener is built with a narrow grip area at the bottom and a wider plate at the top. This means that it gives you ample handling and grip space below whilst the wide plate design covers more hair.
The wide plate design also means that the hair straightener gives you improved results in significantly less time. Furthermore, the hair straightener’s wide plate design allows it to work on a cross section of hair types, including thick and long hair. The top of the hair straightener is fitted with a smart digital display. The LCD provides reliable temperature tracking and control.
- Wide plate design
- Smart LCD digital display
- 360 degrees swivel electric cord
- Adjustable temperature settings of 150 to 230 degrees Celsius
- ceramic coated floating plates help to provide smooth gliding which prevents breakage
- A wide plate design makes it ideal for thick and long hair
- Efficient and reliable customer support
- Comes with 2 year warranty
- It may not be ideal for short hair
11. Vega VHSH-22 Titanium Flat Hair Straightener
The Vega VHSH-22 hair straightener combines simple yet highly practical features to make it a great addition to your grooming products. The hair straightener is built with universal power consumption at 110 to 240 voltages. For more travel friendly features, the flat iron straightener is designed with a 360 degrees swivel cord and easy lock system.
The 360 swivel cord design allows for effortless rotation, which prevents tangles and enhances the durability of the cord. The easy lock system on the other end closes the plates together making it easy to store. The hair straightener is also built with improved digital features – the LCD vividly shows the exact temperature whilst the power indicator light alerts you when the flat iron is on.
- Easy lock system
- 110-240V universal power consumption
- Digital temperature display
- Power indicator light
- Single touch adjustable temperature setting buttons are very convenient
- 60 seconds quick heat-up
- Power light indicator easily lets you know when it is on
- Universal power consumption allows you to use anywhere in the world
- It doesn’t have floating plates design
12. Philips HP8302 Essential Selfie Straightener
The Phillips HP8302 Essential Selfie hair straightener is designed for those emergencies. You have a job interview or dinner party you need to rush to. Then the Essential Selfie hair straightener model is your pal. The hair straightener is built with a fixed professional 210 degrees Celsius setting enough for hair styling.
However, this flat iron design will only offer hair straightening that will last you for 2 to 3 hours. The hair straightener also features ceramic coated plates with a slim profile at 19 by 85 mm. The rounded edges allow you to tackle most types of hairs for straightening and curling. And for guaranteed quality, the hair straightener comes with a 2-year warranty in India.
- 210 degrees Celsius professional temperature setting
- 1.6-meter long electric cord
- SilkPro Care heat limiting technology
- Universal 110 – 240 voltage power consumption
- Plates are extremely smooth gliding to prevent breakage
- The swivel cord design enhances durability
- Instant heat up at only 60 seconds
- compact and travel friendly design
- The straightening only lasts for 2 to 3 hours
Here Comes the Best Hair Straighteners Brands
When you are looking for a hair straightener to purchase, the quality and performance are worth considering. Yet, sometimes it may not be easy for an online shopper to identify all these features. Thus, it is always safer to go for trusted and best hair straighteners brands in India as they simply meet most of the requirements as well as safety. Some of the best brands in India are listed below.
- Ikonic: The Ikonic brand is known to produce grooming appliances with exceptional features and at a reasonable price. Additionally, their high quality products are known to be extremely user friendly.
- Phillips: The Philips brand has quite a contribution to personal grooming appliances. This European brand employs advanced technology and attractive styles to their appliances to capture consumer attention.
- Havells: The Havells brand is a household name in India and there is a reason why this brand gained its popularity. This is due to their well-maintained quality and great craftsmanship to its made-in-India products.
How to choose the Best Hair Straightener
For Curly Hair
Curly hair is highly prone to frizz. Thus you must go for a hair straightener designed with wide plates. This is because they provide more grip and coverage to larger portions of hair and cutting down your styling time. If you find a hair straightener equipped with the Ionic technology, it’s more perks for you.
For Fine Hair
For thin and fine hair, you want a hair straightener with lower but variable heat settings to allow you to control the heat. Ceramic plated hair straighteners are an excellent choice for thin and fine hair because they are efficient at distributing heat.
For Frizzy Hair
Frizzy hair is considered a bit damaged. Consequently, special care should be taken when you use heat generating products on it. Generally, it is advised not to use hair straighteners but if it is necessary, use the lowest heat settings. Plus, don’t forget to apply a heat protecting serum to your hair before using the hair straightener.
For Thick Hair
For thicker hair, straightening can be quite a laborious with low heat settings. Additionally, if you use a hair straightener with low heat settings, it means you are to go through the same hair cuticles and strands over and over again to achieve the desired straightening results, this results in damage to your hair cuticles. Thus, go for a hair straightener that has higher heat setting options.
Features to Look while Purchasing Hair Straighteners
When you are looking for a hair straightener to purchase, you must examine its overall heating and performance. Contrary to your belief, not all hair straighteners may work for your hair. It all depends on the type of hair and length. For example, you may need more heating power for thicker hair than thinner. So choose accordingly.
Compared to other grooming products such as a hair dryers, the hair straightener consumes relatively lower energy. Typically, hair straighteners consume anywhere from 80 to 150 watts per hour.
Weight and Size
For easier storage and handling, you want your hair straightener to be small in size and lightweight. This makes it travel friendly. However, some hair straighteners are designed with wider plates. Though this may compromise the size and weight, it makes the hair straightener ideal for thick and long hair.
Good quality hair straighteners are built with ceramic coating which allows them to glide through your hair when flattening or curling. This design significantly protects your hair from breakage. Additionally, the use of ceramic coating on the metal plates helps to spread the heat effectively.
Heat Control Settings
Hair straighteners are commonly built with variable heat control settings. This allows you to choose the right range of heat for your hair. For example, thinner hair will require lower heat at 170 to 1900 Celsius, While the thicker hair requires between 210 to 2300 Celsius.
Generally, good quality hair straighteners are built with an insulating plastic housing that also comes with a rubberized grip to hold. Coming to the the plates, material such as titanium, ceramic, or tourmaline ceramic are used as they tend to have high temperature resistance and improved heat dispersion.
Style and Design
The design of hair straighteners highly affects their function. For example, Hair straightener built with a slim profile and rounded edges are ideal for curling and straightening short hair. Wider plate designs on the other end are ideal for thick and long hair.
A ceramic coating on the hair straighteners enhances its function. As mentioned above, the coating helps to disperse the heat thus preventing excessive heat release effectively. The coating also provides smooth gliding through your hair.
Some special technologies developed by the companies help to improve the functionality of the hair straighteners. The overheat protection technology is designed to protect your hair from excessive heat and some hair straighteners even come with an automatic shut off feature in case of any overheating issues. Other great technologies include ionic care technology which helps to release enough negative ions to tackle static and frizz of your hair.
Easy to Use, Travel Friendly
Features such as the lock mechanism that holds together the plates of your straightener help to make it storage and travel friendly.
Additionally, other features that make your hair straightener easy to use includes, single touch buttons, conveniently placed power and heat control buttons, design, and lightweight build.
The cord length of your hair straightener must be long enough such that it should be easy to move around your hair as well as to prevent tangling. Ideally, a hair straightener with a cord length around 1.6 to 3 meters is a pretty decent one.
As outlined above, good quality hair straighteners come with overheat protection. This helps to prevent heat damage to your hair. As mentioned above, some of the best hair straighteners will automatically shut off when they reach a limit.
You also want your hair straightener to come with a warranty as it gives you a peace of mind while purchasing and a chance for a replacement in case of any manufacturer’s defects. Typically, good quality hair straighteners will have a warranty of at least 1 to 2years.
Hair straighteners with added functional features give some extra value for the amount you spent. Just to name a few, SilkPro Care observed in Phillips hair straighteners for heat protection, easy to view LCDs, and easy to identify color-coded heat settings controls are some among them.
Is Using Hair Straightener Good for Hair?
Yes it is good to use your hair straightener until you don’t use it frequently. Hair straighteners allow you to style your hair easily. Some allow you to not only straighten it but also to curl it. Yet, you must keep in mind that heat can sometimes be detrimental to your hair. This is because excessive heat exposure to your hair tends to over dry your scalp and hair, sucking out all the moisture and oils.
This leaves your hair and scalp more dry and brittle. Furthermore, the dryness to your hair and scalp may also put you at risk of other issues such as dandruff build up. Thus, when you are using your hair straightener, you must remember the ideal parameters to suit your hair type. If your hair is thin use less heat, if the hair is thick use more heat and if it’s already damaged, then avoid the heat!
How to Use Hair Straighteners Safely?
To safely use your hair straighteners, you must follow certain steps. You must first thoroughly wash and condition your hair, then moisturize it and apply a heat protectant. Before using the hair straightener, you must equip yourself with the knowledge of the ideal heat settings of your hair type and texture.
Set the hair straightener to the ideal temperature, pick up a chunk of your strands, brush them with a comb to ensure they are neat and then glide through the straightener plates on your hair. Do this in a single round with each chunk to prevent hair damage.
How often do we need to be straightening the hair?
Generally, it is advised to straighten your hair no more than once a week.
Other than protecting your hair from heat damage, this also allows you to wash, maintain, and care for your hair. The heat from the straighter will certainly cook oils in your hair and scalp. Thus it’s a good idea to wash it sooner than to let the dirt clog your cuticles.
Does frequent use of hair straighteners lead to an increase in hair loss?
Yes, it can. The frequent use of hair straighteners may lead to an increase in hair loss. This is because the consistent use of hair straighteners means that even your hair follicles and cuticles are exposed to excessive heat. This, in turn, leads to their permanent damage. Permanent damage to your hair follicles and cuticles tends to slower your hair growth, which in turn leads to hair loss.
Is straightening done by hair straighteners permanent?
No and the time the hair holds the shape depends on the quality of your straightener. Some straightening jobs will last anywhere from 3hours to a week. Other factors such as washing your hair or rain will definitely affect the duration to which you hair straightening holds.
How to maintain the straightened hair?
Some of the most common ways to maintain straightened hair are:
- Keep the hair away from water
- Comb your hair then brush it
- Protect your hair from the sun and pollution
- Wrap your hair during bedtime
- Do not reapply heat
The bottom line is that hair straightener is surely a important grooming tool everyone needs. They not only make you look good but also significantly lower costs and saves your time. Their versatility also allows you always look classy and well-styled. These tools also feature a safety element to protect your hair at all times, which is what makes them ideal. The features listed above also provide enough tips on what to look for when choosing the best hair straightener to invest in. So what are you waiting for? Head out and get yourself a hair straightener. You can even refer to the above list of the 12 best hair straighteners in India for pointers.