15 Best Ceiling Fans in India 2020: From Top and New Brands
With summer being only a month away, it’s time to prepare yourself for the upcoming heat and sunshine. Luckily, you don’t have to spend thousands on expensive air conditioners when you can stay within budget and enjoy a cool breeze through your room with some of the best ceiling fans in India! In this detailed guide, we are going to review 15 best ceiling fans for home and office environments, as well as help you choose the best one for 2020. Stick around till the end of the article to learn what different types of ceiling fans are there and how to maintain them!
Here’s the List of Best Ceiling Fans in India
1. Atomberg Efficio Energy Saving Ceiling Fan
We will get things started with a classic three-blade ceiling fan by Atomberg. This energy-saving ceiling fan features a five star rated motor that uses only 28W of electricity. Thanks to the BLDC motor technology, you will get to enjoy superior air delivery of 220 cubic meters per minute at very low noise.
A classic fan such as this one will fit in with any interior design, so you don’t have to worry about the style. Most importantly, this fan comes with remote control for more convenient usage. You don’t have to stand near it or even get up from the couch to change speeds or switch to a different mode.
- Three blades
- BLDC motor
- Smart remote for speed control
- Three modes: sleep mode, boost mode, and timer mode
- 2 years warranty
- Efficient energy saving
- Consumes only 28W of electricity
- Longer life compared to average ceiling fans
- Includes a remote control
- Comes with a warranty
- The company offers poor customer service – might be difficult to reach out to them if needed
2. Havells Yorker 1320mm Ceiling Fan (Antique Brass)
Next up is the Havells Yorker ceiling fan, one of the most unique fans on our list. What makes it stand out is the antique brass finish, which turns this fan into a unique piece of décor. If you want to add a minimal yet very original touch to your interior design, this fan will fit in perfectly.
It features a strong anti-rust coating across all four blades. The efficient airflow system will circulate air from one corner of the room to the other. The fan also comes with twin canopies to conceal electrical wires more efficiently. Overall, it’s a great option in the list of best ceiling fans in India especially for those looking for four blades and a unique style. If you don’t mind a slightly louder noise, this is a good fan to consider.
- Antique brass finish
- Anti-rust coating
- 4 wide blades
- Electro-phonetic coating for easier cleaning
- Twin canopies included
- Ultra fast motor
- Efficient air circulation throughout the whole room
- No damage from rust over time
- Wide blades run smoothly even at high speeds
- Easy to maintain on a regular basis
- Can serve as an interesting piece of décor
- Twin canopies hide the electrical wiring
- Little bit noisy
3. Crompton Aura 48-inch High Speed Decorative Ceiling Fan
The Crompton Aura decorative ceiling fan is made of fine quality ivory colour finishing, featuring 48 inch blades. This fan comes with a double ball bearing to ensure an extra smooth operation at all times. Each blade features an anti-rust coated aluminum layer to increase endurance and prevent dirt from piling up above you.
Besides exceptional strength and delivery, this fan is praised for its high air delivery capabilities. It produces up to 230 cubic meters of air per minute at a high level of energy efficiency. There is no doubt that this fan is capable of getting enough air to all corners of the room. However, it does get a bit noisier as you move to higher speeds.
- Double ball bearing
- Anti-rust aluminum blades
- Two-piece construction
- 230 cubic meters of air per minute
- Premium look and design
- Decorative ivory design
- Strong and durable blades of 48 inches
- The blades are protected from rust and damage over time
- The fan is capable of continuous high air delivery
- There are four speeds you can choose from
- The fan becomes noisy at top speed
4. Luminous Audie 1200mm 70-Watt Ceiling Fan
Next up is the Luminous Audie ceiling fan that consumes 70W of power. Even though it is not the most energy saving solution out there, this fan has plenty to offer. It features a special 12-pole motor capable of reaching high speeds of up to 380 RPM. The strong motor powers wide blades designed to push the air to all four corners.
The entire fan features 20% more copper than average to increase durability and lifespan. Moreover, the blades are covered with the dust repellent coating that makes it easy to maintain. There is no doubt that this is one of the best ceiling fans for home because of its high air delivery abilities and a vintage style combined with modern tech features.
- 12-pole motor offers more power and speed
- 20% more copper than average
- Vintage style for unique interior design
- Wide blades for better stability
- High air delivery
- Attractive design
- More durable than average
- Combines new technology with a vintage design
- Strong blades are likely to last longer than average ceiling fan blades
- It is a bit noisy
- Difficulty in installation
5. Havells Nicola 1200mm Ceiling Fan
Havells is listed as one of the best ceiling fan brands in India and for a good reason. This company is known for high quality electrical appliances, including some of the best ceiling fans on the market. This fan, for instance, provides a fresh breeze at a very low power consumption rate. It features a luxurious design with a metallic paint finish.
The simple design makes this fan suitable both for home and office environments. Its ergonomically designed blades get the most out of the motor’s rotation to provide efficient circulation at all speeds. This particular fan also comes in a pack of two so you can match the décor in different rooms. Also this fan is available in different colours like Off white, bronze copper, gold, gold mist copper and pearl ivory to choose as per your room colours.
- Luxurious design
- Metallic paint finish on the blades
- Ergonomically designed blades
- Low power consumption
- Unique canopy design
- Provides a refreshing breeze at all speeds
- Features a modern design
- Ergonomically design blades rotate efficiently
- Capable of saving energy
- Easy to clean and maintain
- The motor of the ceiling fan is not the fastest option out there. Average rotation power.
6. Usha Striker Galaxy 1200mm 80-watt Goodbye Dust Ceiling Fan
The Usha Striker Galaxy ceiling fan is one of the most reliable fans out there in terms of motor speed and air circulation. The fan’s motor is capable of reaching the speed of 385 RPM and thus powering the aerodynamic blades in the most efficient way possible. This modern fan features a lacquer metallic finish with an anti-dust layer.
It is most popular for its “goodbye dust” coating, even though the blades can never be completely dust-free. Moreover, the fan features a superior ball bearing designed to minimize friction and noise during operation. With air delivery as high as 240 cubic meters of air per minute, this fan will certainly surprise you with its power.
- Modern design
- Speed up to 385 RPM
- Lacquer metallic finish
- Premium grade ball bearing
- Aerodynamic blades
- Dust-free coating
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Superior finish for better durability
- Whisper quiet operation
- Air delivery of 240 cubic meters of air per minute
- Consumes only 80W of power
- Works well even at low voltage
- Top grade ball bearing minimizes friction and ensures maximum power
- Produces noise even at low speed settings.
7. Luminous New York Brooklyn 1200mm Ceiling Fan
Next up is the Luminous New York Brooklyn ceiling fan that features a unique metropolitan design with a modern mirror finish. The wiring of this fan is insulated completely with 99% pure copper for extra safety and durability. Moreover, the fan features a high speed motor that can rotate the three blades at the speed of 350 RPM.
Surprisingly, the Luminous New York Brooklyn ceiling fan delivers up to 230 cubic meters of air per minute, which is more than enough to keep the air in the room fresh and cool. On top of it all, the blades of this ceiling fan are covered with the anti-dust coating for easier maintenance.
- Unique design
- 99% pure copper insulation
- High speed motor
- Good air delivery capabilities
- Three blades
- Unique style
- Sleek mirror finish for better appearance
- Safely insulated wiring
- High speed motor rotates up to 350 RPM
- No dust on the blades
- Trendy and metropolitan design
- Durable and sturdy blades last long
- Average performance and quality
8. Crompton Uranus 48-inch Ceiling Fan With Decorative Lights (Ivory)
This is another 48-inch ceiling fan by Crompton, one of the best ceiling fan brands in India. What makes this fan stand out on our list is the fact that it features decorative lights. Its royal design will add a touch of class and style to your home. This ceiling fan represents a real balance between aesthetics and functionality. Besides the detailed design, the fan offers a cost-effective air circulation system.
The fan features a superior gold finish with a pull cord for speed and light control. The wide blades are angled perfectly to provide as much air circulation efficiency as possible. However, keep in mind that this fan is quite heavy, so it might be difficult to install on your own.
- Royal and elegant design
- Metallic shade with gold finish
- Pull cord for speed and light control
- Integrated light
- 48-inch blades
- Balances elegant design with functionality
- Gold finish combined with a metallic shade
- Durable and sturdy blades
- Operates quietly even at high speed
- Not the most technically advanced option
- Very heavy structure
9. Havells Leganza 1200mm Ceiling Fan (Bronze and Gold)
Next up is another Havells ceiling fan, this time featuring a combination of bronze and gold décor. This powerful fan is capable of covering large rooms ranging from 65 to 100 square feet. It features an innovative blade design available in multiple colors. Whichever you choose, you will be surprised by the quality of the metallic paint finish.
The fan is capable of delivering up to 230 cubic meters of air per minute. It features an HPLV motor that operates even at low coverage, so you don’t have to worry about power fluctuations. The four 48-inch blades will cover large areas perfectly by rotating at 350 RPM. The blades are trimmed at a specific angle to ensure the highest efficiency at the lowest energy consumption point.
- Four blades with innovative trimmed design
- Metallic paint finish
- Air delivery of 230 cubic meters per minute
- HPLV motor
- High speed of 350 RPM
- Covers large areas perfectly
- Available in multiple colors
- Operates at reduced noise levels
- Fast speed of up to 350 RPM available
- Interesting decorative design
- The unit may rust over time if proper care is not taken.
10. Superfan Super A1 Gold 1200 mm Ceiling Fan
This Superfan ceiling fan features the popular BLDC motor technology with extreme energy efficiency. In fact, this fan is proven to save up to 56% of your electricity bills. If you want to reduce power consumption to this level, the Superfan Super A1 fan is one of the best ceiling fans in India for you. It comes with remote control for easier use on a daily basis.
The fan also features a timer mode so you can set it up to run for a certain amount of time and then shut off automatically. This is a great feature for those who want to keep the fan running for a few hours after they fall asleep. Moreover, this fan is capable of delivering cool air without heating up the motor or making any annoying noises.
- BLDC motor technology
- Extreme energy efficiency
- Operates at low voltage
- Remote control included
- Timer mode
- Eco-friendly packaging
- Aerodynamic blades
- Saves up to 56% of your electricity bill
- Noisless operation
- Remote control included
- Ability to set the timer
- The motor doesn’t heat up even after hours of operation
- Comes in eco-friendly packaging
- The manufacturer offers a long warranty period of five years
- Very small remote buttons
11. Amazon Brand – Solimo Swirl 1200mm Ceiling Fan
Solimo is a well-known Amazon brand focused on household products and electronics. Their Swirl ceiling fan is one of the most popular household items they have to offer. This affordable air cooling system comes with three blades of 48-inches, the standard size for domestic ceiling fans. The motor is capable of achieving the highest speed of 300 RPM while still remaining completely silent.
The fact that this fan can run at such high RPM makes it the best ceiling fan for the bedroom. It operates smoothly, thanks to a sturdy structure and good bearings. On top of that, the fan is also very energy efficient, as it uses only 66W of power. Solimo offers a two-year warranty period for this product, which makes it a safe and reliable purchase.
- Three standard sized blades
- Durable motor
- Energy efficiency and low power consumption
- Two year warranty
- Sturdy and long-lasting structure
- Cool air available on a consistent basis
- Fast 300 RPM motor
- uses only 66W of electricity
- Premium Solimo quality
- Comes with a warranty period
- Perfect for the bedroom – won’t disturb you while sleeping
- Gets noisy while rotating especially at high speeds
12. Orient Electric Orina 48″ Ceiling Fan
The Orient Electric Orina ceiling fan features a copper-brown design with three blades of standard 48-inch size. At first look, this fan looks just like any other fan on the market – it has three blades, a small canopy, and simple design. However, what many don’t know is that this is one of the most durable ceiling fans on the market.
It features extraordinary quality paired with elegant design. The stylish shell hides a powerful motor that operates quietly despite its high speed capabilities. This ceiling fan is guaranteed to last for years, as long as you maintain it properly. It also comes with an installation guide to help you get it ready for operation. The only downside is the short rod, but that’s something that can be easily replaced.
- Copper brown design
- Three blades of 48 inches
- Elegant design
- Supreme build quality
- Installation guide included
- Extraordinary quality
- Rust-proof design
- Easy to install using the installation manual
- Will last for years if not abused
- Powerful yet quiet operation
- Little bit shorter rod length
- Bit noisy
13. Atomberg Technologies Gorilla Renesa+ Ceiling Fan
The Atomberg Technologies Gorilla Renesa+ ceiling fan features an efficient BLDC motor that uses only 28W of electricity even at the highest speed. The bushless direct current motor makes no humming noises regardless of how long it has been running. Interestingly, this fan features a power surge resistor that keeps it protected in case of voltage fluctuation.
Therefore, if the voltage in your house or apartment is not steady at all times, you won’t have to worry about any damage to this electrical device. The fan also comes with a smart remote that can operate from a distance of up to 20 feet. You can use the smart remote to change between five speeds, enter the sleep mode, or control the timer. You can also operate multiple fans with the same remote.
- Super efficient BLDC motor
- Power surge resistor
- Smart remote
- Sleep mode
- Five speed settings
- Low power consumption – uses only 28W of power
- Less humming noises
- Turns off in case of voltage fluctuation
- Operates at consistent speed
- Smart remote makes it easier to use and control
- Sleep mode decreases speed by one every two hours
- Compatibility issues between remote and manual operation
14. Havells Octet 1320mm Ceiling Fan with Remote
Next up is the last Havells ceiling fan on our list and also the largest one. This fan features a total of 8 blades that can operate at four different speeds. The aesthetic design of this fan is suitable for modern interiors, as this is a very visually unique unit. The fan features a stylish canopy that is easy to mount to the ceiling.
Moreover, the eight aerodynamic blades spread the air evenly across the entire room. The remote control makes it easier to speed the fan up or slow it down without having to get up or move. Overall, this is a very convenient and modern ceiling fan built for larger areas.
- 8 blades
- Aesthetic design
- Four different speeds
- Remote control
- Stylish canopy
- Authentic design for modern interiors
- Easy to use and control with the remote
- Stylish and easy to install
- Features four different speed for customization of the airflow
- Air circulation is ok but may not reach the corners if it is a large room
15. Bajaj Excel Star 1200mm Ceiling Fan
Last but not least, the Bajaj Excel Star ceiling fan is the final product on our list of best ceiling fans in India. This mat brown fan is known for exceptional speed and a great design. It operates at very low power consumption levels, which makes it a very energy efficient solution. The fan only uses 52W of electricity, which will save quite a lot on your monthly bills.
The copper wires are insulated properly to make sure they are protected from damage. The fan offers even air distribution at high speed. The only downside is that it is slightly noisier than average. Unless you are planning to purchase a ceiling fan for the bedroom, then this is a good option to consider. It will save you money on the electricity bill and provide a fresh breeze for hours.
- Matt brown blade design
- Premium energy efficiency
- Built using world-class materials
- Low power consumption
- Copper wire
- Stylish and suitable for any type of interior design
- Known for high speeds and speed customization
- Built with premium materials including copper wire
- Extreme build quality
- Even air distribution to all corners of the room
- Low power consumption – uses only 52W of electricity
- This fan is noisier than average
Have a Look at Best Ceiling Fan Brands in India
The quality of a ceiling fan largely depends on the brand and manufacturer behind it. If you want to choose the top quality fans in today’s market, opt for one of the best ceiling fan brands in India. The products of each brand listed below are included in our list of reviews!
- Havells – A company known as one of the largest manufacturers of electrical equipment in India. Havells is also one of the oldest companies of this kind dating back to 1958.
- Orient – A part of the Indian CK Birla Group that focuses on electrical products with a base in Delhi, India.
- Crompton – A Mumbai-based company focused on consumer products in the household niche ranging from electronics to kitchen appliances.
- Atomberg – A company that provides smart appliances and hardware with a focus on energy efficiency.
- Superfan – The maker of India’s first super energy efficient ceiling fans.
How to Choose the Best Ceiling Fan
There are thousands of ceiling fans available on the market, which makes it difficult for buyers to decide which one is the best option for their home. We narrowed down your choice to 15 best ceiling fans in India. However, you still might need some help to choose the right one! Here are a few factors you should keep in mind while looking through our product reviews.
Number of blades
The number of blades is the most obvious feature of each ceiling fan. The most common fan structure consists of three blades, which is more than enough to provide a consistent breeze. Moreover, fans with more blades tend to provide less air circulation but also operate a lot more quietly.
Blade angles play an important role in the structure as well. If the blade is angled properly, it will provide strong air circulation from one corner of the room to the other. The angle of the blade also affects energy consumption as it makes movement through the air easier and thus relieves the stress of the engine. Each ceiling fan we selected features properly angled blades, so you don’t have to worry about the technical features.
If you want to save some money on your energy bill or you are simply environmentally conscious, we suggest you opt for a low power consumption fan. These fans consume less than 60W of power yet still provide a cooling breeze any time of the year. Low power consumption fans will save you money in the long run. You can check the fan’s BEE star rating label to see how much electricity the fan consumes in a year.
It is very important to check the airflow of each ceiling fan before you make a purchase. The size and number of blades should be sufficient to provide enough airflow for your room. Most high quality ceiling fans provide around 230 cubic meters of air per minute, which is more than enough to cool larger rooms. As a general rule, fans with three blades operate faster and thus cool the air more efficiently than fans with more than three blades.
The motor of the ceiling fan is responsible for spinning the blades at sufficient speed to create airflow. Naturally, you want to choose a fan with a powerful and reliable motor. Those with BLDC or brushless DC motors are especially popular because these types of motors are more efficient and more controllable. BLDC motors also offer better power-saving capabilities compared to regular motors. You can also opt for reversible motors that allow operation in two directions.
The noise level of the ceiling fan is exceptionally important, especially if you are looking for the best ceiling fan for the bedroom. Most fans produce some type of noise, whether it is coming from the motor or the blades in motion. It is best to opt for a fan that produces less noise if you are hoping to get a good night’s sleep with a fresh breeze. Keep in mind that some fans might operate quietly at normal speed yet produce a louder noise in higher speeds.
The most popular method of mounting ceiling fans is with the use of a down rod attachment. However, you can also mount it directly on the mounting bracket attached to the ceiling without using the down rod. In this case, the blades will be much closer to the ceiling, which might result in lower air circulation. For the best results, we suggest hiring a professional to handle this task for you.
The finish of a ceiling fan plays an important role in its overall quality. The type of finish gives the fan a unique appearance and décor, whereas some types of materials make the fan easier to clean and maintain. The majority of ceiling fans on our list feature a metallic finish, which is easy to clean and looks good in any interior.
Even though a warranty period is not always mandatory, it is much safer to purchase a product that is covered by the manufacturer. A warranty will help you get your money back or replace the fan for another one in case you receive a faulty unit. Most companies offer warranties for manufacturing flaws and damage done during the shipping and handling of the product.
Last but not least, check whether the ceiling fan you are interested in offers any extra features. The most popular additional features include a remote control for easier use, anti-rust and anti-dust blade coating, and lights. Protective coatings will make it easier to maintain the fan over long periods of time. On top of that, fans with lights can come in handy in different rooms of the house.
Different Types of Ceiling Fans
These are the different types of ceiling fans available on the market:
Standard – Standard ceiling fans are the most common type of ceiling fans in households around the world. They usually feature five blades with built-in lights. Standard ceiling fans are also installed on a down rod, and they can have three, four, or more blades as well.
Low profile – Low profile ceiling fans are installed directly on the mounting brackets, which brings the blades much closer to the ceiling. These fans are common in rooms with low ceilings where there is not much room for downrod installation.
Dual motor – As the name suggests, dual motor fans feature two motors for extra power and functionality. Besides a bold design, these types of fans offer the power needed to cool a large room from multiple directions. Dual motor fans are extremely adjustable, meaning you can customize the airflow direction and power very efficiently.
Damp and wet control ceiling fans – These ceiling fans are resistant to damp and wet conditions, which makes them more durable and long-lasting. The blades of these fans are made of water-resistant materials that tend to last longer and provide good results even in challenging conditions. If there is lots of moisture and humidity in the area where you plan to install a ceiling fan, a damp and wet type of fan would be the best option for you.
Outdoor ceiling fans – Lastly, outdoor ceiling fans, as the name suggests, are suitable for various outdoor conditions. These fans can be installed on decks, patios, and porches, or wherever you need some more fresh air. Getting an outdoor fan with LED lighting will double the convenience, as you will solve two issues with one product.
How to Clean and Maintain Ceiling Fans
The great thing about ceiling fans is that they don’t require much maintenance at all. All you have to do is clean the blades regularly to prevent dust from building up. Some ceiling fans feature anti-dust coating, but you still need to wipe them with a dry cloth occasionally to keep them clean.
In case the fan starts making noise out of nowhere, chances are that the canopy got loose. Tightening the canopy every once in a while is the only other maintenance task you will be in charge of. In case of any other issues, you should contact the manufacturer or get a professional to take a look at the fan.
Frequently Asked Question’s on Ceiling Fans
Why most ceiling fans have three blades?
Manufacturers have found that ceiling fans with three blades are the most efficient solution for household use. They provide optimal air delivery and operate at a low noise level, which makes them ideal for home use.
Which one is better 3 blade or 4 blades?
The answer depends on what exactly you are looking for in a ceiling fan. If you want more speed and air circulation, go for three blades. However, if you want quieter operation at a slightly lower air circulation rate, then four blades are a good option for you. Overall, there aren’t any drastic differences between the performance of a three and four blade ceiling fans.
Why do ceiling fans rotate in an anti-clockwise direction?
There is no definitive rule as to why ceiling fans rotate in an anti-clockwise direction. They simply follow the rotation of the motor in order to produce airflow in the most efficient manner possible.
Why Ceiling Fans Wiggle?
If you noticed that your ceiling fan is wiggling, the chances are that the blades or the canopy got loose. Try tightening the screws to get the fan to operate smoothly again. Another reason why this could be happening is because there is too much dust on the blades. Clean the fan regularly to prevent the blades from wiggling.
Now that you know how to clean, maintain, and mount ceiling fans, all you have to do is take one more look at our reviews and choose the best fan for your home. Some of the best ceiling fan brands in India provide a variety of solutions for both small and large spaces. The lists of the pros and cons of each product will help you make the best choice.
Keep in mind the number of blades and the type of motor before you make a purchase. Don’t forget that fans with more than three blades operate more quietly, even though they produce slightly less airflow.
Let us know in the comments below if you have any questions regarding ceiling fans and different brands on the market. We would like to hear your opinions about the fans we reviewed above.